Brahma (ब्रह्मा) - also known as "The Creator" is one of the three Gods of Hinduism viz Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva. Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva are brothers and Brahma is the eldest amongst them. Brahma is endowed with "Rajguna". By the virtue of this "Rajguna" the living beings on earth produce offsprings and the act of creation continues.
Brahma is the son of Goddess Durga and Brahm (Kaal). His wife is Savitri and he resides in Brahma Lok.
Age of Brahma
Brahma's age is of 100 years (Divine years) duration.
To understand Age of Brahma one needs to know what is Chaturyuga and the duration of Chaturyuga.
What is a Chaturyuga
One Chaturyuga = 4 yugas (Satyuga, Tretayuga, Dwaparyuga, Kaliyuga)
- Duration of Satyuga = 17,28,000 (seventeen lakh twenty eight thousand years)
- Duration of Tretayuga = 12,96,000 (twelve lakh ninety six thousand years)
- Duration of Dwaparyuga = 8,64,000 (eight lakh sixty four thousand years)
- Duration of Kaliyuga = 4,32,000 (four lakh thirty two thousand years)
Total Duration of Chaturyga = 43,20,000 (forty three lakh twenty thousand years)
Calculation of a "Divine year" or "God Year"
One chaturyuga (four yugas - Satyuga, Tretayuga, Dwaparyuga, Kalyuga) is made up of 43,20,000 years (forty three lakh twenty thousand years or 4 million 320 thousand years)
- One day of Brahma = 1000 (one thousand) chaturyugas = 1000 X 43,20,000 = 4320000000 earth years (4 billion 320 million years). (for ease of calculation it is taken as 1000 chaturyug whereas in reality one day of Brahma is of 1008 chaturyuga)
- One night of Brahma = 1000 (one thousand) chaturyugas.
- Therefore one full day of Brahma is made of 2000 chaturyugas.
One year of Brahma or "One Divine Year" or "One God Year" = 2000 X 30 (days) X 12 (months) = 7,20,000 chaturyugas = 3110400000000 earth years (3 trillion 110 billion 400 million years)
Age of Brahma = 100 "Divine years" = 100 X 7,20,000 chaturyugas = 7,20,00,000 chaturyugas = 311,040,000,000,000 earth years (311 trillion 40 billion earth years)