Hierarchy of Gods
The oldest and the most evolved religion is Hinduism. Hinduism goes into the depth of all the Gods, Goddesses and deities which are in existence. Although lay-people get confused and class Hinduism as polytheistic but despite this Hinduism is actually a monotheistic religion and does believe in one Supreme God. Because Hinduism has been prevalent for such a long time, various aberrations have gradually appeared over time and some lineages have gone astray. This however does not deny the fact that there is only one Supreme God.
In fact because of presence of so many Gods / Deities, it is vital to understand the hierarchy of Gods. Monotheistic religions like Islam and Christianity are simplistic and do not have any understanding of the Supreme Being. Christianity is entangled with Jesus being God whereas Islam has no image of God.
What is the Hierarchy of Gods
Be it any religion, the hierarchy of Gods is the same but because Hinduism has many gods and deities, it is more pertinent to Hinduism. The Supreme God however is same in all the religions.
1) Supreme God Kabir is the Creator. He is the Master of infinite universes. Supreme God Kabir Sahib gave rise to Par Brahm and Brahm. Vedas describe God Kabir as "Kavir Dev". Shrimad Bhagavad Gita also gives indication towards this Supreme God in Gita Chapter 8.9. Islam is oblivious to God Kabir but in reality what they chant when they say "Allah Akbar" is actually God Kabir. Quran in Surat Furqan 25:59 describes Supreme God as Kabir. Likewise Bible too describes God as Kabir but as it as been translated over and over, it is only present in Orthodox Jewish Bible. Sikhism also alludes to God Kabir being the Supreme God.
2) Par Brahm is the master of 7 Sankh (quadrillion) brahmands (multiverses). ParBrahm has his own universes which are separate to the world that we live in but he is bigger than God Brahm.
3) Brahm (ब्रह्म) is the master of 21 brahmands (multiverses). Brahm is also known as Kaal (काल), Jyoti Niranjan (ज्योति निरंजन) or Kshar Purush (क्षर पुरुष). We are all residing in the universes of Brahm.
God Brahm (ब्रह्म) is the father of Brahma (ब्रह्मा), Vishnu (विष्णु) and Shiva (शिव) and Goddess Durga is their mother.
4) Goddess Durga is the wife of God Brahm.
5) Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva - Brahma Vishnu and Shiva are children of Brahm and Durga. These are brothers and are equivalent in designation. They however have different ages. Amongst them Brahma has the shortest lifespan and Shiva has the longest lifespan. They have 3 different departments under their dominion. Brahma is associated with causing creation. Vishnu is the sustainer and Shiva is the destroyer. The trio regulates the planet earth by their virtues.
To have complete knowledge about the status of all the Gods, the readers may read or listen to Creation of nature.
The image below represents the hierarchy of Gods.
Form of God Satlok / Sachkhand
Categories: knowledge | Tags: